Here’s my top 10 tips to get your glow back in time for the new year!
Because sugar, alcohol, stress, too much partying and a lack of sleep can take its toll on your skin.
1. Increase your consumption of fruits and vegetables in between engagements. Snack on raw veggies such as carrot sticks, cucumber and hommus not cakes or biscuits. Make sure you have health snacks in the fridge at all times.
2. Exercise each day. Try to do some exercise everyday as we tend to make healthier choices after exercise. Drink a few glasses of water before heading out.to that party. or luncheon.
3. At the party try to alternate drinks with either a glass of water or a non-alcoholic alternative. On arriving home drink 2 glasses of water before bed.
4. Wash makeup off (essential) and apply JOI AAA Night Serum or Restorative Night Serum and Recovery Eye Serum (a must!)
5. Drink lots of water. Period. Alcohol is not only high in sugar but can be very dehydrating which can cause the skin to look tired and dull. A build-up of toxins can also take its toll on the liver and our ability to cleanse. This can show up in our skin. Hydrate by drinking 6-8 glasses of water each day or try warm water with a little fresh lemon juice added.
6. Stick to your skincare routine...this should be simple with JOI Pure. It doesn’t have to be complicated, just consistent. Try to maintain your usual routine.
7. Indulge in a facial or Omnilux Light Treatment (my favourite) at least once a month. This is key to achieving and maintaining a youthful complexion. Don’t forget to use sun protection. Natural physical sunscreen is best such as Eco Tan, hats and clothing!
8. Eat your skin healthier. Food rich in antioxidants are vital to combat the increased free radical damage caused by indulgences, stress and lack of sleep. Taking Juice Plus+ every day is the easiest way to fuel your body but eating berries, nuts and coloured organic veggies is a great addition.
9. Allow yourself a few quiet nights in to catch up on sleep. A cup of our JOI Detox Tea or lemon balm tea before bed will help you relax ready for a good night’s sleep. Or try an evening bath with 10-12 drops of lavender or one of our aromatherapy blends such as Dream or Peace.
10. Appreciation is the key to an abundant life. So just relax, enjoy and appreciate each moment; big or small and simply watch the magic unfold.