The Power of Essential Oils
Essential oils are highly concentrated extracts from specific plants and plant parts and as a group are one of the most highly active and effective cosmeceuticals in natural skin care today.
Essential oils differ from fragrant oils in that they are not chemically constituted by man. They are the working tools of aromatherapy and for aromatherapy to have therapeutic benefits, it is vital to use the highest quality pure essential oils, not inferior commercial grades or synthetic imitations.
At JOI Pure we use therapeutic quality essential oils sourced according to species and origin in sufficient concentrations to generate a deeply significant healing and rejuvenating response.
Essential oils are highly desirable components of skin care because they have a very small molecular size which allows them to penetrate through the skin. This, combined with their volatility and lipophilic nature (compatible with the skins natural oils), allows them to penetrate the skin to reach and affect the deeper cells of the dermis and enter the blood and lymphatic systems.
Therapeutic Grade Pure Essential Oils when utilised appropriately and with knowledge are extremely effective cosmeceuticals because they have multiple beneficial actions;
- Are highly antiseptic; certain oils that are antiseptic, bactericidal or antifungal can assist the skin’s protective function against infection and can be used to treat acne and other common skin disorders.
- Help stimulate the growth of new cells; the cytophylactic property of many essential oils help to increase the speed at which cells in the germinative layer of the skin reproduce. This promotes rapid healing of wounds with minimal scarring and is also extremely beneficial in maintaining a healthy youthful complexion.
- Regulate sebum production; sebum is produced by the oil glands to keep the skin supple and maintain the protective acid mantle. Essential oils work to balance the secretions of the glands, useful for dry skin which produces too little and oily skin which produces excessive amounts.
- Improve muscle tone and blood circulation; warming essential oils help to increase circulation, beneficial for muscular aches, rheumatism and gout as well as strengthening capillaries, useful for prevention and treatment of spider veins.
- Help eliminate waste; 25% of the body’s waste products are eliminated via the skin. Essential oils can assist circulation and lymphatic flow which is of benefit to congested, acne-prone skin.
- Reduce inflammation; essential oils that have soothing, analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, can be highly effective in the treatment of irritated and sensitive skin conditions such as rosacea, eczema and dermatitis.
- Reduce the impact of emotional stress; the skin can reflect one’s emotional state. Stress, anxiety, depression, joy are all reflected in the condition of the skin. Essential oils can be used to emotionally and psychologically balance the mind and thus bring benefit to the skin.
Taking good care of your skin does not mean having to adopt a complicated and intense regime involving an extensive array of products with impressive sounding names.
At JOI Pure, we have designed our aromatherapy range of skincare to be enjoyable, easy-to-use and most importantly highly beneficial for your skin, your body and your mind.
Your skin and health will thank you.